OT Electronics Help

aragonx at dcsnow.com aragonx at dcsnow.com
Thu Sep 11 19:09:52 UTC 2008

> aragonx at dcsnow.com wrote:
> <snip>
>> Now THIS is the kind of geeky response I was hoping for.  A good first
>> step.  Now I just need to control the current. :)
>
> ok. this type of controlling is what i have done for past 30 years,
> but in commercial and industrial end of electronics.
>
> before i get into design very deep, i need to know one thing.
>
> just how good are you at 'rolling your own'?
>
> what you want can be done very easy with 1 control device a solid state
> relay.
> opto isolated, current range 4 to 60 +, with ac or dc input.
>
> all of which can be put into a 4" square electrical box.

I have that web site that outlines a solid state relay.  Looks pretty easy
even though it has been quite a few years since I've used a soldering gun.

The pump however is a variable speed type.  Vary the current and it will
vary the speed.  That is where I'm hung up.

Sorry for responding so slowly.

believed to be clean.