Replying to Digest Post(s)

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Fri Sep 12 19:45:42 UTC 2008

Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 12:27 +0530, winiston wrote:
>> Hi
>> Currently i am facing the problem in F 9
>>
>>     I have installed F 9 in Intel 852GM chip with 6.4" display.
>>     But i can not set 640x480 resolution.
>>     i can able to set from 800x600 to 1024x768 range.
>>     I want to set 640x480 resolution.
>>     Can you provide the VGA driver?
>>     How to rectify this problem?
>>
>>     Thanks a lot.
>
> Apologies for Hi-Jack
>
> Sorry Winston,
> not the reply you might be expecting
>
> The Subject Line is meaningless:
> Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 55, Issue 104
>
> Change it to suit the Exact message being replied to:
> Don't include the complete digest, just the specific part
> it encourages viewers to delete your mail.

NO!  NEVER, EVER reply to a digest.  There are NO exceptions.  The
proper way to ask questions or start new threads is to create a NEW
message with an appropriate subject line and content and send it to
fedora-list at redhat.com.

The ONLY time you should reply to a message is when you're commenting on
the content of the message.  Anything else (changing a subject line,
etc.) is hijacking the thread and is severely frowned upon.

> Don't top-post
>
> Refer to:
>

> Some may consider it nitpicking, but it is easier for all if adhered to.
>
> Frank

- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 at nerd.com -
-                 All generalizations are false.                     -