Printer takes ages to print one page with FC8

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sat Sep 13 14:11:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 12:57:33 PM +0200, io wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 01:33:32 AM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
>
> > Most printers have a Test or Demo mode that can be activated by,
> > for example, holding one or more of the buttons (online or mode or
> > what-have-you) down for several seconds.

Final report: the printer works fine, as long as you send to it one
page at a time. I have the feeling that this is some very weird
interaction between printer preparing to die (ie not always talkining
properly to the driver) and suboptimal code in some cups filter. Not
so much I can do to fix that, so I'll make do until I have time to buy
a new printer, as I don't print much these days.

Thanks to all who helped!

			Marco
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84