fedora-list Digest, Vol 55, Issue 100

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 23:03:04 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 20:03 +0000, g wrote:
> > As I said, the digest is not itself a message on the list,
>
> true. but hitting this list it gets an id, totally unrelated to thread
> reply is to.
>
> > so this doesn't matter.
>
> false. i understand and respect your knowledge. but you are not
> accepting
> or understand another reasoning.
>
> your way, 'subject:' has no reference to 'problem'. if another
> 'digester'
> has a question or comment to same or different post in same digest and
> uses
> 'reply', then there are 2 problems with same 'subject:'.
>
> consider op wanting to reply to another message in digest???

I do understand this, contrary to what you say. I made the point that
it's better to use Reply with appropriate editing than to compose an
entirely new message. Why? Not because it preserves threading but
because it's easier to include relevant quoted material. Since neither
method preserves threading there's nothing to distinguish them in this
regard.

poc