Mailing-list Gudelines. Yes or No

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 14 06:18:33 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 16:12 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> Agreed, but it's nice to know whether peers can be encouraged to use
> guidelines, or it it just so much a waste of effort.

I'd say it's generally effective.  Of late I've seen a few people asked
to fit in, and most have without getting narky about it.  Some require a
bit of help to figure out how to do so (particularly those using webmail
services, to locate how to disable HTML posting).

Learning how to post better (no HTML, use threading properly, etc.),
helps posters in the long run, and for more places than just this list.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.