latest upgrade procedure

Paul Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Sep 14 06:20:14 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 18:29 +0200, Maurizio Marini wrote:
>
>> if requested to accept some keys, alwys answer yes
>>

> No...  Think if it's appropriate, first.  Then answer yes if it is.  Do
> not blindly answer yes to any question.

I think within the context of the problem Fedora has had, one should
assume that if, during update, it asks you to accept a new key, the
advice of "accept" is correct. The info about what is being accepted is
there, so it isn't a blind ask.

Being a newbie, I fear that this sort of "make sure its appropriate"
concern is legit but might scare folks that have never been asked to do
such.

All the threads about this have indicated "this needs to be done" and I
think that advice of due diligence needs to be measured with "this is
how Fedora is dealing with the situation"

Paul