Arranging icons on desktop

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 16 04:16:23 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 15:32 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> No in evolution the terminology is different. I personally have not
> use for threads which contain mail with different subject lines. But
> to each his own.
>
> Actually now that I think about it, I am not sure that evolution
> supports threads of the type Tim describes.

It most certainly does, and so do a lot of other decent clients.  But it
doesn't really matter if a person doesn't want to see threaded messages
in their own client, so long as they don't send messages in a way that
breaks threading for other people.  Such as replying to someone's
message instead of starting a *new* thread for a "new" message (thread
hijacking).  Or, not doing a proper reply when you reply to someone's
message, like replying to someone else's message and responding to a
prior quote, or starting a new message and cutting and pasting between
them, or using a client that destroys the in-reply-to and references
headers (breaking a thread).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686