"driver referrenced before assignment" warning at boot!?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Tue Sep 16 16:30:28 UTC 2008

Hi;

I installed kmod-nvidia-2.6.26.3-29.fc9.x86_64 a few days ago.  I just
learnt that akmod-nvidia should take care of re-compiling for the livna
nvidia driver so I installed akmod-nvidia this morning.  Now I get the
"driver referenced before assignment" warning every time I boot
subsequently followed by a processing delay.

When I originally installed the new "*.26.3* kernel. the oldest kernel
was not removed as usual.  (Perhaps the full installation was not
completed??)

Any tips on how to go about diagnosing and/or fixing this problem ?

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3