Please,Help Me

mohammed magraby maghraby_79 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 19:23:40 UTC 2008

Dear MailMan,

          I have a proplem, I am using fedora 9 on 6 machines “Intel Core 2 Due 2.40GHz, 1 GB of RAM., and I have a problem connecting to the LAN and Internet. I am wondering if out of the box I need to do something for Fedora to be able to get on the Internet and LAN.

My network setup is as follows :
1 - Static IP to every machine
2 - I have 2 switches, the first is ASUS and the second is DLINK

* All machines are unable to connect to the LAN
* I just want to solve the problem on one machine with the following configuration :
IP: 192.168.1.204
SubNET Mask: 255.255.255.0
GateWay: 192.168.1.1
DNS: 192.168.1.1
Static Host Name: Developer-3

Network card model is RealTek

I used Add/Remove Software to download The DeviceManager and I think the “ Add/Remove Software” tool seems to go on the internet and download the “DeviceManager” because the yellow light on the Ethernet card lights up, however when press on the Install button nothing happens.

I made the network card status Activate, then I restarted the computer, but always the symbol of the connection icon is”X” and the message is “No network connection”

I tried it on one machine that also has Windows XP together with Fedora 9. >From Win XP I am able to get on the LAN and the Internet but not with Fedora 9, although I have the same network configurations on both OSes.
Thanks.

      New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Hurry before someone else does!