yum upgrade F8->F9

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Wed Sep 17 10:13:40 UTC 2008

On 2008-09-17 11:33, Globe Trotter wrote:

> [...]

My guess is, it has to do with the new key repositories:

When you upgrade from F8 to F9, you use the F9 distribution repository
and the *old* updates repository.  This would give you a unupdated F9,
except for the stuff that is in the old updates repo, and that contains
*only* the stuff to get to the newkey repo.  The problem is that some
stuff in an updated F8 have higher version numbers than the unupdated
stuff in F9.  claws-mail is an example of such a package.  You updated
F8 version is 3.5.0-1.fc8, but the unupdated F9 version is 3.3.1-4.fc9.

--
Sjoerd Mullender