USB keyboard and mouse stopped working in X ?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 18 02:47:25 UTC 2008

linuxguy wrote:
>> We do, more or less. Repackage/rollback works with rpm and yum, and a
>> quick test shows it works with PackageKit, though it pops up an error
>> alert ("The constant 'repackaging' was unknown, please report").
>>
>> http://dailypackage.fedorabook.com/index.php?/archives/17-.html
>>
>> -Chris
>
> I do not see anything about "rollback" in man yum.  Am I missing
> something ?

The above link shows how it is done. Doesn't work well in all instances
since scriplets in rpm might not be undone easily. In fact, this
"feature" has been dropped in the rpm in rawhide. If you want proper
undo support, it should be a filesystem level feature. Something like
btrfs in the (near?) future.

Rahul