Arranging icons on desktop

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 10:04:49 UTC 2008

On Monday 15 September 2008 23:02:47 Braden McDaniel wrote:

> Actually, it's for compatibility with Mozilla--the behavior of which is
> based on this broken-by-design document:
>
>    http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html

If you read it carefully, it explains exactly what and WHY the original mozilla
(we're talking about Netscape version 3) used to do to thread messages. The
newer mozilla *stopped* doing it that way, hence Jamie's rant. Please could you
explain why you consider this "broken" ...?

> I think Outlook may be even more broken than this; for the longest time
> it didn't even look at References and In-Reply-To.

Outlook relies almost completely on the Subject. Most people I see here using
outlook don't appear to be doing any kind of threading anyway, just newest at
the top.