Phonon and non-existant audio devices

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 14:58:53 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Marcelo Magno T. Sales
<mmtsales at gmail.com> wrote:
> People,
>
> Using KDE 4.1 on F9, I keep getting phonon messages saying that device
> xyz is not available and that sound will default to other device.
> Device xyz existed a long time ago, but not now. However, after every
> logon to KDE and every now and then after that, I get this message.
> In System Configuration -> Sound, I can see the device grayed out, but
> can not remove it. The remove button is enabled when I select the
> device, but it does nothing when pressed.
> I've also tried to change the priority of the available devices, putting
> the currently existing one on the top of the list, but still get the
> same anoying messages.
> How do I get rid of the device which does not exist and of the phonon
> messages?

I have been having so many Pulseaudio issues, I had forgotten about
this one. I have the same symptoms as you do.

I used to have working audio when I first installed F9, but at some
point, it just stopped working.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )