desperately seeking "IgnoreEDID"

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat Sep 20 20:41:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 07:54:13 -0400
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>    i have a fresh install of f9 on an aging dell inspiron 9200 with a
> full WUXGA display, and i'm trying to drive a full-res WUXGA signal
> into an external video processing device that is (theoretically)
> supposed to be able to handle that.

Back on F7 and before, I was able to beat the X server into submission.
On F8 and later, it appears hopeless. After ignoring EDID info for 25
years, X suddenly decided to switch and ignore linux users instead :-).

See: http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/easy-linux.html for my
exciting experiences with X and various fedora flavors.