Xbmc on Fedora? (fabulous mediacenter application)

Steve Repo scmuser at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 05:49:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Scott Harvanek
<scotth at sourcemirrors.org> wrote:
> Valent,
>
> Does this work for you?
> http://fedorajunkies.com/index.php/XBMC
> ;)
>
> That's how I did it on Fedora 8, I'm sure it would work for Fedora 9 just
> the same way (change the livna repo of course).
>
> Please, if it does work on F9 let me know, if it does not please tell me
> what you had to change so I can update that how-to for F9 as well
>
> Enjoy! (XBMC is sweet)

This is off-topic but i'm eager for answers,

XBMC looks really cool. However, I _haven't_ seen anything about
viewing live TV.

I hope i'm wrong else what's good is a mediacenter without live TV support?

Specifically, I have 2 analog TV tuner cards and can would like to use
them with XBMC.

I was thinking of configuring MythTV but does XBMC does it better?

Steve