Not detecting my sata hard disk and dvd drive during installation

Ajith Raj ajithengg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 09:20:44 UTC 2008

Hi,
   I recently bought a compaq notebook(CQ50-106AU), which has got an
inbuilt Nvidia chipset. i have an vista installed in one of its
paritioned volume. I tried to install Fedora in my
system. Once cd got booted from my Optiarc ATA dvd drive, to my
surprise i found that it hasnt detected my hard disk as well as my cd
rom. Well then i used a command at the cmd (linux acpi apci
pci=acpi)...then it detected my dvd drive and hdd. and my installation
started and i finished it .

  But once it got over, when os got booted it was constantly
restarting and not loading dvd driver or hdd again. The message was
somewhat like "Kernel panics and cant sync", and cant mount the root
volume).

 So i humbly request you to assist me in getting rid of this bug.

With regards
Ajith PR