Help with network card issue

Maurice Mines maurice.mines at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 22:23:01 UTC 2008

Dear list, I am a graduate student at the University of Northern
Colorado in the Educational Technology Department and I recently
purchased HP Pavilion Elite m9252p desktop computer and installed
Fedora 9 in a second partition. My problem is that the realtek
RTL8168c GB ethernet card is not being recognized even though a mod
probe shows that the correct card is being recognized and several
internet searches show that there are several drivers for the card
available but none are in the rpm package format. Does anyone know if
there are rpm packages available for this card and if not is there an
alternative card type that I should switch this to to allow the fedora
side of the machine to have access? If this card is completely
unsupported what would someone recommend as a replacement for this
card next year when the warranty expires? P.S. This card works just
fine in Windows.

Maurice Mines
Master's Student
Educational Technology