Re: Fedora makes bad pdf files?

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Mike Burger <mburger bubbanfriends org> wrote:
> To my knowledge, Firefox doesn't save/export directly to PDF.

Time to update your knowledge. In firefox 3 on fc9, there is a radio
button in the print to file dialog that lets you choose either ps or
pdf.

>When you
> "print to file", you're saving a postscript file, which usually has a .ps
> extension...you can name it filename.pdf all you like, but naming it with
> a pdf extension does not make it a PDF.

When I print to file with the pdf radio button chosen, acroread can
open the resulting file no problem. OP did not specify what versions
of firefox and fedora he was using, and didn't mention the radio
buttons, so it's not clear whether he is accidentally generating ps or
broken pdf or what.

Dave