gui editor latex under gnome

NiftyFedora Mitch niftyfedora at niftyegg.com
Tue Sep 23 22:58:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Phil Meyer <pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com> wrote:
> Adel ESSAFI wrote:
>>
>> Hi list
>> I need a GUI editor for latex. .............
>
> Where children of all ages are encouraged to get published.  Slam in some
> text and or pictures, and get a beautiful book.  It teaches them to focus on
> the writing itself, and not worry about what it looks like, because it looks
> great every time in spite of what you do.
>
> It is obvious that a bias exists here, but in 50+ years of notepads,
> napkins, journals, and then word processing, it was not until trying to
> write, vs produce, that three books popped out of my head!

Well put!
Learning TeX and LaTeX taught me new ways to write and think...
IMO, TeX and LaTeX  may be the best but most underused teaching tools out there.

Anyhow, now I am simply a bad writer....

Reading DK's Metafont book gave me an appreciation of well crafted
and well typeset books yea even Harry Potter and the Sunday NY Times.

--
 NiftyFedora
 T o m M i t c h e l l