1-TB SATA drive as F9 root/boot drive

I tried installing F9 on a 1-TB SATA drive after configuring it in the system BIOS to be the boot drive. I found it to be very unreliable... sometimes it would boot and sometimes it would not.

I took that drive out and put in a 120-GB IDE drive and that works fine.

The SATA drive works fine as a storage drive on another computer running Windows XP (didn't try it as a boot drive), just doesn't seem to want to boot F9 reliably. The WinXP computer and this F9 machine have the same motherboard with on-board SATA controller.

Any of you had any difficulty in using large SATA drives as boot drives under F9?