Re: 1-TB SATA drive as F9 root/boot drive

At 09:08 PM 9/23/2008, Scott Harvanek wrote:

>> Is the mobo SATA 150 or SATA 3Gbps? is the drive jumpered to match?
<<<<<

Don't know.  I just plugged it into the Windows machine and it Just Worked.

Also, you say that the two machines have the same motherboard? do they have the same bios revision?
<<<<<

Yes. However the Windows machine is 2.8 GHz P4 and the Linux machine is 2.5 GHz Celeron.

If you do decide to try this again if you could please do your best to copy the kernel panic/crash and post it that would help :)
<<<<<

There was a LOT of information, more than two screens full I think, perhaps more than three. It all went by WAY too fast to see anything but the last screen. However I can copy that down.