Re: Why is Firefox such a beast??

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:17:56 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:

> After doing a Firefox upgrade or install, I always crank up Firefox as
> root and delete all of the languages (and the dom-inspector thing).
> Firefox runs much faster after that.

	I adopted your practice, with thanks; but it kept putting them
back.
	Now I see only "disable" buttons instead of "uninstall" -- I hope
at least disabling lasts longer.
	Why the blazes should it be the default to lug all those blasted
languages along, instead of having them added ad hoc by each user? They
could include, say, six languages with at least three of them non-Roman-
alphabet, and 99 44/100% of the human race could use at least one of them
to find the one or two missing but wanted ones.

Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2, Epiphany 2, Opera 9, Firefox 2 & 3