Re: Why is Firefox such a beast??

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:09:28 +0000 (UTC)
Beartooth <Beartooth swva net> wrote:

> 	I adopted your practice, with thanks; but it kept putting them
> back.
> 	Now I see only "disable" buttons instead of "uninstall" -- I hope
> at least disabling lasts longer.

That's because you didn't run firefox as root.  You have to be root in order to
uninstall the language packs.  Users can only disable them, not uninstall them.

My procedure is this to su to root, then run firefox.  Uninstall the languages
(and that dom-inspector thing).  Close firefox.  Run firefox again (as root.)
Close firefox.  Exit root user.  Done.