Re: Nvidia-Xconfig

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Alex Makhlin <makhlina gmail com> wrote:

Lonni J Friedman wrote:

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Alex Makhlin <makhlina gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know how to run Nvidia-Xconfig? I installed the Nvidia drivers
but am being prompted than I am not using the Nvidia X driver and that I
need to edit my X configuration by using Nvidia-Xconfig. I can open up the
manual by typing man Nvidia-Xconfig but I do not know how to run
Nvidia-Xconfig. I am using Fedora 9/64 KDE 4.1

As root:
nvidia-xconfig

Can't get any easier than that.

I tried that already but all I get is error "command not found". I even
tried going to the folder containing nvidia-xconfig but I still get the same
error when I just type nvidia-xconfig.

It should have been installed in /usr/bin, which is, by default, in
your $PATH.  So unless you've got a non-traditional setup, it should
work fine.  Did you install the official driver package, or an RPM ?

My installation is in /usr/sbin and is an official driver package. Strange ha?