"System Update already in progress"

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 25 20:32:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 03:46:28PM -0400, Dave Feustel wrote:
> I tried to manually update the F9 system today and got the message back
> "system update already in progress" but the update seems to be stuck.
> Is there a way to clear this condition?
>
> Thanks.

I disabled the update for kdepim-4.1.1 which has a dependency on
kdepim 6:3;5.9-10.fc9 which seems to be missing. Then all the
other updates succeeded. The kdepim update is still mindlessly
repeating over and over, each one failing because of the missing
dependency. This sorcerer's apprentice behavior gets annoying
REAL fast. How about getting this fixed?