Re: Command help?

Aldo Foot wrote:
On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Bradley <pursley001 comcast net> wrote:
Instead of rebooting, you could use telinit to change the run level.
It will stop/start services as necessary to match the configuration
for that run level.

Mikkel

Actually, I tried that but for some reason telinit doesn't work
correctly.  It doesn't shut down or start everything it's suppose to
when called up.  I get no errors and I still don't know why.  This is
why I have to reboot.

Bradley

I have observed the same behavior with telinit.

Whoops!  In my previous comment on this, I neglected to mention you
really need to run /etc/rc.d/rc with the desired runlevel to force the
/etc/rc.d/rcX.d stuff to go.  In other words, if you do "telinit 3",
then you should also do "/etc/rc.d/rc 3" after it.

-      "Doctor!  My brain hurts!"  "It will have to come out!"       -