F9: No audio on Compaq V5000

I recently got my wife to switch to Fedora as she was getting very frustrated with Windows on her not so new laptop (Compaq V5000 AMD Turion 1.6Ghz w/ Radeon M200 video).

Everything works well except there is no audio. Direct from boot there is no /proc/asound or /dev/snd directories. lspci does not show any audio devices so I'm not sure what driver to use. Neither the alsa wiki or google were much help.

I tried modprobe snd-intel8x0 since it's really common and the module loaded and created some entries under /proc/asound but alsamixer still didn't see a sound card.

She likes F9 overall but has to have working sound. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard