Re: fc9: bind weirdness

Around 03:27pm on Friday, September 26, 2008 (UK time), listserv traffic sloop net scrawled:

> FC9 with latest updates
>
> I've configured bind with all the defaults and modified bind.conf to
> answer questions on all interfaces to all clients.
>
> But weird stuff is happening.
>
> bind/named starts properly on boot.
> But it refuses to resolve for any hosts other than localhost.

Just a guess?  Are you useing the default NetworkManager daemon rathrer
than the traditional network one?

NetworkManager doesn't start the network immediately, and I wonder if on
boot-up the network connectivity isn't in place when bind starts.

If you are not using wireless, try stopping NetworkManager and starting
network as the default daemons.

Steve

--

(o<     www.stevesearle.com