Re: Problem of install tarball packages

Aldo Foot wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Craig White <craigwhite azapple com> wrote:

On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 01:10 +0800, edwardspl ita org mo wrote:

Aldo Foot wrote:

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:34 AM,  <edwardspl ita org mo> wrote:

Dear All,

How to config the sudo, then allow user A to install tarball packages with FC8 System ?

You use the 'visudo' command to edit the /etc/sudoers files.
Don't edit that file directly.

see this /etc/sudoers sample
http://www.gratisoft.us/sudo/sample.sudoers

'rpm' is just another command you add to the allowed commands.
so for example a the CLI: "sudo rpm -Uvh someRpm.rpm',

~af

Hello Aldo,

Sorry, my means is tarball packages ( NOT rpm packages )...

----
users don't need superuser privileges to use tar at all UNLESS they are
trying to 'untar' into spaces where only superuser can write, in which
case, security is out the window.

Craig

You're correct. How did I mix rpm and tar? My coffee was not strong
enough this morning.. ;-)

~af

Hello,

Sorry, My means is how to running the command line of "./configure", "make" and "make install" ?
How to config sudo or / and linux system for it ?

Thanks !

Edward.