kde or gnome

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 27 16:44:30 UTC 2008

--- On Sat, 9/27/08, Carroll Grigsby <cgrigs at earthlink.net> wrote:

> From: Carroll Grigsby <cgrigs at earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: kde or gnome
> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 12:36 PM
> On Saturday 27 September 2008 12:16:26 pm William Biggs
> wrote:
> > I would like to know witch one is better kde or gnome
> ?
>
> Short answer: xfce

I agree with this, having recently switched to xfce (from fvwm2). I still like my old fvwm2, but xfce is neat and has a cleaner more professional-looking interface. One drawback is that Fedora (disappointingly, IMO) does not come with this installation, so I have been using Rahul Sundaram's F8 respin and upgrading to F9 via yum.

Of course, there is probably not much difference between any of them with regard to functionality.

Trotter