Re: F9: No audio on Compaq V5000

"Richard Shaw" <hobbes1069 gmail com> writes:
> Well, as it turns out the audio chipset was just being funky. I shutdown
> the laptop, took out the battery, waiting a few minutes, and then put it
> back in, booted up, and viola! lspci showed it as ATI IXP audio. I'm
> assuming the audio wasn't working when I installed F9 since no audio
> applet was installed in Gnome so I added it and everything appears to be
> working properly.

I have a Hewlett-Packard Presario V5000 (ES188AV) F.54, as reported by
smolt.  Never had the speaker part of the audio flake out on me.  Now
the microphone is another matter.  I haven't been able to get either
the internal or external mic to work with ekiga yet.  (The gain is way
too low to be usable.)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.