Re: [Fwd: Config Network Setting]

Dear All,

I just have the problem of "Destination Host Unreachable" from eth1 ( ping to other same network segment internal machine ) as the following setting :

[root svr1 network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
> [root svr1 network-scripts]#

[root svr1 network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=192.168.0.255
IPADDR=192.168.0.254
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.0.0
> [root svr1 network-scripts]#

[root svr1 network-scripts]# cat ../network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=svr1
[root svr1 network-scripts]#

So, what is the problem of the current setting ?

BTW, what different between modify ifcfg-eth? and running the tools of "system-config-network" ?

Thanks !

Edward.