Re: 32 or 64 bit kernel for Duo T8400 processor ? Can apps be 32 bit for 64 bit kernel ?

linuxguy wrote:
My new laptop has an Intel Duo T8400 processor.  Should I install the 32
or 64 bit distro ?   I run a lot of esoteric open source apps.   Can I
run a 32 bit application if I install the 64 bit distro ?

I'm running F9.x86_64 on my Intel Core2 T7200. I have a small number of 32 apps installed for those edge cases where the parts either don't work, or aren't available in 64 bit. nspluginwrapper takes care of most of those for me (OK, I have to run adeona in 32 bit as well, grumble, grumble). But, for the most part, 64 bit works for me. YMMV

Thanks

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com