How to Disable screensaver

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 29 02:19:14 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:17:43AM +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 18:37 -0400, Dave Feustel wrote:
> > What I want is the ability to add application icons for Konqueror and
> > Xterm to the bottom system panel as in kde3. That feature seems to be
> > absent from both gnome and kde4 in F9.
>
> It's certainly not absent in Gnome, it's just a right-click or
> drag-and-drop away.

I tried to do that but nothing happened, In kde3 I was able to create an
application launcher for a specific application (eg xterm) on the
desktop and then drag that icon onto the system panel, from which the
application could be started with a single click. This does not work at
all for me so far with F9 gnome.  How is the equivalent operation done in
gnome?