Re: [Fwd: Config Network Setting]

Craig White wrote:
On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 22:53 +0800, edwardspl ita org mo wrote:

Dear All,

I just have the problem of "Destination Host Unreachable" from eth1
( ping to other same network segment internal machine ) as the
following setting :

[root svr1 network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp

[root svr1 network-scripts]#

[root svr1 network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=192.168.0.255
IPADDR=192.168.0.254
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.0.0

[root svr1 network-scripts]#

[root svr1 network-scripts]# cat ../network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=svr1
[root svr1 network-scripts]#

So, what is the problem of the current setting ?

----
looks OK except that I would recommend that you use a FQDN
in /etc/sysconfig/network and not just a name... i.e. srv1.mynetwork.com

obviously /dev/eth0 is not going to be loaded at boot time - but that
may be your intentions.
----

BTW, what different between modify ifcfg-eth? and running the tools of
"system-config-network" ?

----
shouldn't be any difference as either should modify the
same /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX file

system-config-network does have the ability to also edit your 'hosts'
file (/etc/hosts), you dns resolution configuration (/etc/resolv.conf)
at one session.

Craig

Hello,

How can we enable and verify the Network Interface working with full duplex mode ?

Thanks

Edward.