Re: [Fwd: Config Network Setting]

Aldo Foot wrote:
On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 7:05 AM,  <edwardspl ita org mo> wrote:

Dear All,

I just found a message for /var/log/messages :
kernel : udev: renamed network interface eth0 to eth1

So, how to solve this problem ?

In a previous reply you said:
     "For 8139too driver, it is a network interface PCI card
      For r8169 driver, it is attached to the motherboard "

I have seen before that the OS will change the device if you have a PCI and
a built-in NIC. If you unplug the PCI NIC, the built-in NIC becomes
eth0. With the
PCI NIC plugged in, the built-in NIC becomes eth1 and the PCI becomes eth0.
Try unplugging the PCI NIC to check whether this is the case with your
machine; take note of the MAC address with the ifconfig command to track
which one is which.

I have not understood why this happens though. Maybe someone can shed some
light here.
~af

Hello,

Is this problem in FC8 System only ?
So, have you tried to find doc though the net ?

Thanks !

Edward.