RE: External eSATA drive doesn't fdisk properly ? F8 eSATA hotplug ?

>I've got a new laptop with an eSATA port and a new (unformatted) eSATA external hard drive.
>
>Is eSATA hot plug compatible with a stock F8 kernel ?

Good question, and I don't know but I wonder if helping it find it might work.
Figure out what host# that interface is on, then issue this:

#echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host{n}/scan

Run an #fdisk -l after, I wonder if it appears then?

HTH,
jlc