Re: External eSATA drive doesn't fdisk properly ? F8 eSATA hotplug ?

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 8:27 PM, Joseph L. Casale <JCasale activenetwerx com> wrote:
>I've got a new laptop with an eSATA port and a new (unformatted) eSATA external hard drive.
>
>Is eSATA hot plug compatible with a stock F8 kernel ?

Good question, and I don't know but I wonder if helping it find it might work.
Figure out what host# that interface is on, then issue this:

#echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host{n}/scan

Run an #fdisk -l after, I wonder if it appears then?

I think the problem is deeper than if the kernel supports ESATA hotplug.   Even if I have the drive plugged in when I boot, hwbrowser hangs until I shut the drive off.   Something is wrong with situation.  I'll do some groundwork and report back.