Re: External eSATA drive doesn't fdisk properly ? F8 eSATA hotplug ?

My laptop has the Intel 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) SATA AHCI Controller.  (hwbrowser)

According to http://linux-ata.org/driver-status.html, Linux supports full hotplug for this chipset.

AHCI (newer Intel ICH, ULi, others)
 Driver name: ahci
 Note1: AHCI specification is completely open.
 Note2: ATI, Intel, JMicron, NVIDIA, SiS, ULi and VIA are currently known to have deployed AHCI in their chipsets.
 Hopefully others will follow. AHCI is a nice, open design.

My laptop has 2 internal SATA drives and they work perfectly, including with hwbrowser.

So why does hwbrowser stall with the external drive ?