DVD VOBS installed on HD, how does one start the movie?

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Tue Sep 30 01:11:41 UTC 2008

I have downloaded a movie onto the hard drive
and I have a bunch of VOBs and all that but when
I open say, VLC, how does one start?

If I `open directory' it seems to find the "Welcome"
"page" and plays to the end; I can select Language, etc,
and return to "main", but from there it does not seem to
be able to `start the movie' seamlessly.

Seems at the moment, I have to select the specific VOBs
in the proper order but it is not obvious.

Any advice?

Thanks!
Dan