External eSATA drive doesn't fdisk properly ? F8 eSATA hotplug ?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Sep 30 01:17:14 UTC 2008

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> So why does hwbrowser stall with the external drive ?
>>

> Don't know, maybe its broken? Did you try to initiate a (re)scan of
> the applicable bus manually and then enumerate it with fdisk?

I suppose the first thing I would do is to boot the system without the
external disk connected.  Then, I would "tail -f /var/messages" while I
plugged in the drive and see what the system is saying....  But that is
just what I would do.

--
A man with 3 wings and a dictionary is cousin to the turkey.