Re: Intel HD Audio, sound too quiet

On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 16:05 +1030, Tim wrote:
> Pulseaudio is controlling software, other things control the actual
> sound hardware.

Oh, and...  You can find which controls the hardware by the controls it
offers.  A hardware controller will offer volume controls for the
individual hardware (mic, CD, modem, etc.), all of the time.  Software
controllers, like Pulseaudio, only show controls for applications that
are currently producing sound.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686