F10: running pppd as a regular user

Hello
 I've installed F10 for my sister that knows nothing about  linux, and I 've setup gkrellm to bring up and shutdown ppp0 using an usb dsl modem.
Selinux is enabled and I've checked the boolean "run pppd as a regular user"
are these the only steps to get pppd run for a regular user or i've missed something

is  it safe to run pppd as regular user ?

thanks