Re: Bouts of Extreme System Slug

     Hello Tim, All,

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au> wrote:
> Is the CPU cooling still working fine?  Overheating can cause slowdowns.

  Interesting! How can I test this? Do you know what mechanism causes
the slowdown? Is it consistent with showing high CPU usage?

> I've noticed my laptop has always been hotter running Fedora 9 than it
> was with 7, even when apparently idle.

  Actually, I also felt sometimes that my laptop was quite hot, long
before I had slowdown issues. And sometimes the fan would seem to gear
up, even with no one using the laptop.

  Thanks!

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
BioPAX Integration at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/biopax)