Web of Trust (a revolution)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 1 15:29:09 UTC 2009

Tim:
>> You need to know them more than just having met them before, you need
>> to know what their attitude is to signing keys.  Will they only sign
>> keys with users that have credible ID?  And could they spot fake ID?

David:
> I use a state issued picture driver license, a birth certificate, and
> a US Passport.

Do you mean to identify yourself, and/or you insist on that before
you'll sign someone else's key?

But to be brutal, a birth certificate proves nothing, any thief could
have stolen one.  And which of us could pick a good faked driver's
license or passport from a real one?  Or would know whether someone's
fraudulently obtained real ones?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686