Re: Web of Trust (a revolution)

David wrote:
On 4/1/2009 10:13 AM, Craig White wrote:
On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 14:49 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
I use a state issued picture driver license, a birth certificate, and a US
Passport.
Which doesn't prove you are not one of identical twins ;)
----
which is an important distinction if you happen to be the paranoid
schizophrenic twin...

True. But I also have concealed carry permits in four different states and
they take fingerprints and run background checks.  :-P

Maybe I should have said that my mother assured me that I am me?

Only the paranoid I guess.

When I was in the military I held a fairly high security clearance. The kind of thing where they check your background back before you were born. I worked with folks with the same clearance levels or even higher. Curiously enough, despite having such deep background checks we still had people stealing from the coffee fund.

There is *no* check that can certify you are a truly honest, ethical and reliable person... only time and observation will tell others if you can really be trusted, everything else is a wild ass guess. I know I'm a trustworthy person, but no one who doesn't know me well can ever be sure of that... no matter who else says so (hell *they* could be lying) 8^\

...who ya gonna trust?
--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign