Re: Web of Trust (a revolution)

Tim wrote:
Bill Crawford:
Ought to be possible for people to visit companies' offices and sign their keys, and add them to the "web of trust" as per PGP / GPG keys. No idea if / how that should be done, in practice, though.
m:
Difficult at best, who wants to trust a faceless corporation? Not to be cynical but you might trust the receptionist but what about the IT dept? Are they competent?...

I wonder if we were to contact our bank's tech support and ask if we
could confirm their SSL certificate with them (e.g. read the fingerprint
info over the phone), how many of them could actually do it?  Or even
understand.

Your going to tempt me to try that and I have no doubt I'd have to start keeping my money under the matress after I got off the phone. ignorance is bliss, ignorance is bliss, ignorance is bliss.

root max's_brain#rm -rf /var/log/messages
root max's_brain#shutdown -r now

huh? did you say something?

--
"Any fool can know. The point is to understand" --Albert Einstein

Bored??
http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Fuqwit1.0

http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Coding_the_Magic_into_the_Eight_Ball