Re: Is there any software similar to skype that works on LAN without internet?

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 00:14:13 +0530,
  RAMAKISHOREBABU KOPPULA <rkbabu koppula gmail com> wrote:
> Is there any software similar to skype that works on LAN without internet?

In what respect?

They are sip phone clients of which ekiga is an example. I don't know
if there are others.
If you want a PBX you can use asterisk or callweaver.
Possibly there is some video and/or audio conferencing software.

If you want propietary crap that uses your cpu and/or network bandwidth
without letting you easily see what its doing, then I don't think there
is anything that does that.