Re: Is there any software similar to skype that works on LAN without internet?

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 00:14 +0530, RAMAKISHOREBABU KOPPULA wrote:
> Is there any software similar to skype that works on LAN without
> internet?

Yes.

You should say what features you want, though.  There's Asterisk, a
comprehensive IP telephone system.  There's ekiga, which seems to handle
basic peer-to-peer VOIP quite okay.  And there's others.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.