Re: Finding Correct Nvidia Driver

Jim wrote:
Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 15:08 -0600, Kevin Kempter wrote:

    On Wednesday 01 April 2009 15:11:07 Jim wrote:
        > FC10-X86_64/KDE
        >
> Where do I find info on for "nvidia" driver for Geforce 7300LE G72 Card ? install the kmod-nvidia package or download the linux driver from the nvidia site.
Probably worth pointing out that kmod-nvidia (or better yet,
akmod-nvidia, which automatically rebuilds the driver for new kernels)
is from the rpmfusion.org nonfree repo.
Yes, but which driver is it 96xx or 173xx ??

If you had gone to the nVidia WWW site and looked at the documentation for Linux Driver downloads, you would have found that your GeForce 7300 LE is listed as supported by 3 of the 4 nvidia driver: 180, 173, and 96, but not the oldest driver 71.

Just look at Appendix A of each driver's README file for the information. All supported GPUs are listed by both name, and some hexadecimal PCI ID number, which I am unable to correlate to any information printed out by "lspci" for my GeForce 6200....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com